Method for eggless pressure cooker cake
Mixture Preparation ( Batter )
1. Mix sugar and oil together and stir them pretty hard till the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
2. Now prepare a mixture of "all purpose flour" (maida) and baking powder and sieve it to avoid any lump.
3. Now gradually add this maida mixture, to the batter prepared by mixing sugar and oil mixture.
Note: As you stir the mixture, it will become dense. Add some milk in small amount to make it smooth. Keep on repeating the process of adding maida and then milk as required, till batter is well blended (It should look fluffy/ soft) and you find air bubble in the batter
4. Add Vanilla essence to the batter and again blend thoroughly.
Eggless Cake Preparation
5. Grease the baking tin (or cake tin) with oil and dust it by sprinkling maida over greased surface evenly.
Note: Use baking tin of 6 inch in diameter, so that it can easily get into the pressure cooker.
6. Pour the mixture into the greased baking tin.
Note: Baking Tin should be made of Aluminium
7. Heat the presure cooker on high heat for 2 minutes.
Caution: If baking tin comes into direct contact of the base of pressure cooker, it can harm ( overbake ) the cake.
Remedy: Use pressure cooker container which has big holes in it. You can put the baking tin on that container and then put it inside the presure coker. Even if you do not have the pressure cooker container cake can be made, but there is a big chance of getting its lower part overbaked
8. Now put the cake tin containing the cake batter, inside on pressure cooker dish.( Do not put water inside the pressure cooker)
9. Close the pressure cooker lid and do not put the whistle on the lid.Lower the flame from high to low after 2 minutes.
10. Let it cook for 40 minutes, then switch off the heat. Do not open the lid immediately.
Cooked eggless cake Testing
11. After 10 minutes open the lid to check whether the cake is done. Put a skewer inside the cake. (Skewer - a long thin pointed piece of metal or wood, used to test whether something is completely cooked )
12. If the mixture does not stick on it, it means cake is done.
13. Enjoy eggless pressure cooker cake